Striving to be Fit & Trim...AGAIN!

My HCG (2011) Journey & 2016 Shape Reclaim Journey

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The desire to lose 20 pounds

Well - it's been going on LONG enough!!! 2 years ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer and somehow between my "inactive" lifestyle and my eating through my mom's diagnosis and death...I have put on 20 extra pounds.

Here are some stats on me - I'm 5'7" and weigh 160 pounds...that's not an actual as it's been a few weeks since I've weighed. I'll begin my fit and trim challenge tomorrow but have been inspired today by Robyn and her journey that she has blogged about since Dec/Jan of this year. I'm not sure I will be "quite" as active or "quite" a go getter as her but I sure hope I can drop 15-20 lbs and keep it off.

The exercising part is going to be the problem...I fell down a flight of stairs last year and tore the muscles in my right side from my shoulder blade to my right knee. This wouldn't have been quite so bad if I would have went to the doctor and gotten things taken care of right away but the fall took place during the time when my mom got REALLY sick and then she died so it took me about 6 months to get my act together and to start focusing on "me". I have been to doctors visits, physical therapy, Chiropractors and have had several MRI & CT scans. It seems each time I exercise that I overdue it and grind my right SI...urgh.

I did really well a few years ago when I was doing Curves...I prefer to work out where there are no men unless my hubby goes with me. I'll check into Curves tomorrow and see what kind of prices they have. Until then...I haven't weighed today but I did a 1250 calorie day and will see if I'm starving tonight...I hope not!

****I'm doing pretty good - my hubby is eating carrots and my daughter is eating ice-cream but I'm just waiting for bedtime. Hope things go well tomorrow...I need to get an organized plan and layout my goals. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment